Prosciutto Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
2 cups pitted dates, whole (about 12 dates per cup)
1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled at room temperature
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 2/3 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced into strips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Slice each date lengthwise on one side to create an opening then set them aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine the goat cheese, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
4. Stuff each date with a scant teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture then wrap in a strip of prosciutto. Place each wrapped date on the baking sheet.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning dates over about halfway through, or until prosciutto is just crisp and cheese is warm. Serve immediately and enjoy!